Michael Leppert of Contrariana.com, author & lobbyist joins Matt and Justin to talk about the Indiana Statehouse, Neville finds something to like about Trump, Gorsuch Supreme Court proceedings, Michael’s Book – Contrary to Popular Belief, how life has changed from Governors – O’Bannon to Daniels to Pence to Holcomb, if Pence was a good Governor, how hard is shifting from congress to state government, SPEA, rising stars in the democrat party in Indiana but not being pushed nationally, can you be prepared to be in public service before actually being in public service, Republicrats or Hoosier democrats, Gerrymandering, Hillary Clinton’s personality problem, the importance of engagement, recognizing satire, purity to each party, how Senator Joe Donnelly is doing and how the 2018 race may go, who knew that healthcare was so complicated, ”I’m President and you’re not”, the importance of North Korea, predictions on how the Trump Presidency will end, and bias crimes.
In this episode, Matt and Justin welcome Lead Anchor of Eyewitness News, Brad Byrd, to the show. Before speaking with Brad, Justin and Matt discuss the recent Evansville Podcast Network award, the IU coaching change, the new ambassador to Russia, and Ben Carson’s thoughts on immigration.
Continue Reading …
Justin Groenert and Matthew Neville give a recap of Donald Trump’s first address to a joint session of Congress. Topics covered include:
- recap of Trump actions since the last episode
- Trump actually acted “presidential” during the speech
- lately, less tweeting from Trump
- Trump potentially moderating himself on the immigration issue
- Sean Spicer likes CNN polls now?
- SNL weekend update during the week
- Tie coordination from the GOP?
- Justin thinks it was a pretty good speech
- Matt thinks the speech was what it needed to be for Trump
- addressing the 95 million not in the workforce stat – Matt is not a fan of this stat
- only mentioned the wall once, and no mention of Mexico paying for the wall
- was Trump politicizing the recent death of a Navy Seal?
- VOICE organization, WTH?
- Steve Beshear’s response to the speech
- Marco Rubio (Marcus Rubenstein)
- The town hall protests – right way and wrong way to protest
- New DNC Chair – Tom Perez over other (better? South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg?) options
- Scott Danks running unopposed as chairman of Vanderburgh Country Democratic Party
- Lloyd Winnecke running for 3rd term as Evansville Mayor in 2019
- What Barack Obama is up to these days
- Oprah Winfrey running for President?